There’s a lot to creating a stunning piece of art from everyday and exciting objects. One of the many exciting things we have framed are signed football shirts. We thought it would be fun to share with you the process which we go through in order to frame these bits of fame.
How we frame a football shirt –
- First we insert a foam board filler, each one is cut individually for each shirt to get a nice tight fit, not a ‘one size fits all’
- We then make up a deep box frame in a variety of colours, very often hand painting the frame in the team colours
- The shirt is then fixed to the backing board, we never use glue or staples, the integrity and value of the shirt is paramount. Again the backing board can be colour matched to your team colours.
- Any photos, tickets or programmes can be incorporated into the frame at this stage because we use a nice box frame with enough space to fit them in.
- Finally it’s all put together, strong hangers and wire are fixed to the back and it’s ready to hang on your wall.
You may have a signed football or rugby shirt, or a shirt you may have worn on a charity run or event, or perhaps a child’s shirt that brings back memories of their first day at school. Don’t leave them in a box under the bed or stuck hidden away in the attic bring them down to us at Blue Lobster and put your memories on the wall…